Michael Lambarth con A Really Basic Introduction to English Law and the English Legal System (Really Basic Introductions) (English Edition)
*** UPDATED TO SEPTEMBER 2018 ***
This is a great starter book for those who are new to the subject of English law. Are you starting any kind of course of study in law or a related subject? Maybe you have always had an interest in law and just want an accessible book to start you off. Perhaps you have a friend or relative who is studying law and you want to see what they are learning about. Whatever your reasons, this easy to read book covers the basics for you. Written by a university lecturer and qualified solicitor, it is short enough to read in several sittings and won't bog you down in unnecessary details. I hope it will encourage you to read further into the subject, and who knows where that may lead you...?
The book covers topics such as the court system, lawyers, the common law, legislation, the European Union, human rights, contract law, tort, criminal law and more, all in an easy-to-read, straightforward way and at an introductory level.
The "Really Basic Introductions" series includes the following titles:
- A Really Basic Introduction to Accountancy
- A Really Basic Introduction to Value Added Tax
- A Really Basic Introduction to English Law and the English Legal System
- A Really Basic Introduction to English Contract Law
- A Really Basic Introduction to Company Law
- A Really Basic Introduction to Income Tax
- A Really Basic Introduction to Capital Gains Tax
The above titles are all available in Paperback, and most are available in Kindle format.